Friday 13 December 2013

I don't envy Man City's squad: Arsene Wenger:


Arsenal manager Arsene Wenger says he does not envy Manchester City's squad as he prepares for Saturday's Premier League visit to the Etihad Stadium.

City manager Manuel Pellegrini spent more than £90m on five players during the summer and said in August that he had the division's strongest squad.

But Arsenal lead the Premier League by five points going into the weekend.



Wenger said: "City have a very strong squad, I don't deny that. I look at my squad and I don't envy them."

Pellegrini, who took charge at City in June, signed Alvaro Negredo for £22m, fellow forward Stevan Jovetic for £20m, midfielder Fernandinho for £30m, winger Jesus Navas for £14.9m and defender Martin Demichelis for a reported £4.2m

No comments:

Post a Comment